Day 2 of screenings
Great conversations and greet movies today. We started off with “crossing the American Crises: from Collapse to Action. This movie is an important educational tool for people to learn about what is really going on since the beginning of the recession. It goes into how people have fought to survive and shows the different ways they have accomplished success. I guess the key to this message is to not listen to the commercial mediums, they don’t tell us how to survive, quite the opposite. Mike and Sylvia came and had a discussion afterwards, which may appear online soon.
Next was Vox Populi: Methods of Manipulation, which covers many important topics to be of concern with the current state of governing. Director Megan Karagher came with special guest Freeman to talk about their point of views. Both Megan and Freeman have their movies available for free online, check out Freemantv and hear what he has to say.
The next show of “Death by Medicine” was another great topic to be covered, a little one sided but…. This film, I haven’t heard from the guy until a week before the event, well not him one of his assistants, but they didn’t even acknowledge our festival. Can’t say a good word about that director.
Next bunch of folks came from Greece for the festival! A group of 4, “Living City” Eva Theodoridou
Dimitri Giouzepas Nikos Tourbis and friend. They gave an account of a city that was torn apart by individuals who do not have enough and want more, till ruin. Great people, very interesting movie. Check it out!
There were 2 movies we did not receive from the filmmakers1st day of screenings, so we showed their withoutabox versions….
After the night was over I met up with the Greek filmmakers and had a couple drinks. Good times, great thing.
chashama Film Festival!
- Screening in Hamptons this Friday- Whitney Houston: Voices of Love
- What do you make of this
- Day 2 of screenings
- Visual artist Kenneth Burris
- Visual artist Garry F. Grant
- Through to Opening Night
- Artist Profile #17 – Diran Lyons
- Artistic Team Profile #16 – Steve Rahaman & Nigel Harvey
- Artist Profile #15
- Artist Profile #14 – Megan Kargher
- A Note from Rick Kariolic
- Diran Lyons featured in Wired Magazine
- Artist Profile #13 – Carole Poliquin
- Artist Profile #12 – Cyprien Nozieres
- Artistic Team Profile #11 – Valerie Jensen and Adam Welby
- Artist Profile #10 – Matthieu Bron
- The Ennahda and the Rappers
- Artist Profile #9 – Kim Sheridan
- Artist Profile #8 – Diane Namm
- The latest controversy regarding fracking…